Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday Push, Legs & Hoka OneOne Clifton 2

Push & Leg day at the gym in this shortened (for me) week

  • bench
  • OHP
  • decline press
  • Arnolds
  • machine chest press, ladders
  • close-grip bench press
  • leg press
  • leg extension
  • hamstring curl*
I've got a high hamstring pull so I'm very conservative on leg days. Hamstring curl is about 10% of what I normally do.
___

So I've tried on the new Hoka OneOne Clifton 2, and it's probably going to be my next daily trainer or at least go into my shoe rotation.  8.3 oz with a 5mm drop. They feel more cushioned than the original, and the padded tongue makes the shoe really comfortable even if you have a high instep.  The structural overlays improve midfoot support, the ride remains basically unchanged, and the road-focused outsole includes strategically placed rubber pods to improve durability. I will probably go through a tube of Shoe Goo keeping them on my feet for 500 miles, but it will be worth it.

WOMEN:
  • GEOMETRY:
  • Offset: 5mm
  • Heel: 28mm
  • Forefoot: 23mm
  • WEIGHTS:
  • 7.2 oz / 203 g
MEN:
  • Offset: 5mm
  • Heel: 29mm
  • Forefoot: 24mm
  • WEIGHTS:
  • 8.3 oz / 235 g

    wclifton2smmclifton2sm copy

    No comments: