Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday

what a crummy week!

Work and weather joined forces to screw up my running. Thursday and this morning I got up early and ran, which is the best answer for me. If I run early, then I don't have to worry about it later on. The hardest part is waking up and getting motivated to go outside when it's 46 degrees (or colder). Anyway, I did manage to get in 8.2 miles @ avg pace = 9:40

So... I'll try to get a morning run strategy going, maybe I can string together a bunch of 8 mile runs. I might do a 10k race on October 4th, so the morning runs of 7-8 miles will be helpful.

This morning I wore tights, l/s nike sphere shirt, cotton gloves and hat. I changed my usual route a bit and saw 4 or 5 deer drinking water - they probably go to this spot every morning - so I'll check from now on to see if i can spot them. I heard them and looked down the hill. One saw me and took off but the others stood their ground.

No comments: