Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday

Sunday- maintenance day for me


Week:31.04
Month:46.73
Year:171.18


A very longtime customer came in to the store yesterday. Someone I've known for about 7 years, when he was in the Ranger Battalion and then when he went to some other Army schools. He's stationed elsewhere now but came in for some running shoes. He has done several tours in Iraq and was telling me about his Cross Fit program and how he was able to incorporate it during his Iraq tours. I've seen a lot of mention about Cross Fit but haven't done any of the workouts. I went through a lot of the videos and might try some of them at the gym next week.

I've run and lifted weights and biked and swam for most of my life, in different amounts, usually all at the same time. For me, running and lifting are the crucial components. Running keeps me fit like nothing else; weight training keeps me strong and healthy. I lump abdominal work into the 'weight training' category. When I've been prone to running injuries it's because I've neglected the weights & ab exercises.

If you read Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes, he says that his daily on-the-road workout includes 4 sets of 50 pushups and 90 situps TWICE A DAY. He goes to the weight room regularly.

No comments: