Saturday, February 17, 2007

Too Old, Too Cold Saturday

crikey!
it was like 1000 below zero this morning at 6:40am when I started running on the Riverwalk, even though the bank said 22 degrees. I honestly think this is the LAST cold morning run like this. Just for the record, I dressed perfectly for it:

-socks, under armour shorts & mizuno tank top base layer
-new balance gortex pants
-nike sphere long sleeve shirt
-nike fleece vest (circa 1995, found it again this morning)
-crappy $3 walmart gloves
-socks over the gloves
-my wife's knit cap, I lost mine, she'll never know...

so dressed like that i felt just fine and managed 10.1 miles.

Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:38:41 9:44 pace
Distance (mi ) 10.14
Temperature (°F) 25.2°F avg. 28.4°F high
Wind Speed ( mph) NE 1.1 avg. NE 4.6 max.


Work sorta kicked my ass again this week and I only managed 2 lunch workouts; I did get to the gym 3 nights for weights; I'm holding steady at 175 lbs but gaining muscle mass. I feel really, really good. The swimming and weights have definitely made a huge difference in my overall strength and flexibility.

Looking to next week: weather looks OK, I will try to get back into my groove. I'll try to hit 40 miles running, 3 miles swimming, and 4 days' weight training.

No comments: