Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday

Ran 10.2 miles on the Riverwalk this morning. Ran the last mile or so with Kevin Hicks. He was finishing his 12 mile run.

I started about 7:15 am and it just seemed a lot hotter to me than what I've been experiencing... the heat started to get to me a little bit. I always run with my Camelbak on Saturday, since sometimes the water fountains are broken and sometimes I decide to go farther than planned. Glad I had it with me. I carry 70 ounces in mine, and it's half gatorade/half water with a little bit of salt added. "mighty tasty".... my stomach doesn't like straight gatorade, and just water doesnt do much for my electrolyte balance. This is as much about wanting to work out later today and run tomorrow etc as it is just getting through 1 run. I hydrate w/ electrolyte so I can workout tonight and then run 8 miles again tomorrow morning. It helps my recovery.

Anyway... swim after I leave work tonight.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I am so glad I was not the only one having issues with the heat on Saturday