Saturday, September 29, 2007

Historic District Preservation Society 5K

Quite a few runners this morning for the Columbus Historic District Preservation Society 5K. This year was the 30th run... I remember running this race in the 80's. And I ran it last year.

This year, all I wanted to do was break 23 minutes for the 5k, and I was able to that, just barely. I think my official time was 22:58. I'm not very fast but I think I could have gone a little faster... but no big deal. I got 2nd in my age group (45-49) and a medallion. I got passed right near the end, or I would've had 1st and the trophy.

I did have a chance to snap one picture:

2 comments:

Trey said...

Mike,

Great time on the race. I had planned on running that race as well, but scheduling and training problems got in the way - probably next year.

mike said...

Thanks Trey. Plan on it, it was a fun race. The race director did a great job, as always!

Seems like there are more local races now than in years past :-)