Monday, May 28, 2007

Veteran's Day

Not a day goes by that I don't think about and pray for American soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines serving our country. Many of the people I talk to every day - and a lot of the runners I work with on the weekends - are active duty military stationed at Fort Benning. We have regular customers who deploy, come back, deploy again... it's very tough on them and it's tough on their families. We should all think about them today, but we shouldn't forget about them tomorrow.

So I ran 7.2 miles today. Kind of a late start, got to the Riverwalk around 12:30, when it was 86°... sort of warm. Actually got a sunburn today. I ran with the camelbak again, glad I did= I didn't empty it, but I locked my car key inside the car, so after running 7+ miles in the heat, I drank what was left in the camelbak and stood around waiting for a key to arrive.

Got home, went to the neighborhood pool, stayed in the water for about an hour. All in all, a good day.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I am glad to find another Columbus Running BLog. I thought I was alone!

http://partystefanie.livejournal.com/

Could you tell me when BTK is getting in the Nimbus 9

mike said...

The Nimbus 9's are in stock!

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the update! My husband ended up stopping by the store today before dinner to check.

I imagine I will be by soon to check them out