Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost! - Chuck Norris facts

On Wednesday when I went to the YMCA, I noticed that instead of 1 or 2 cars there, there were about a dozen cars! I was worried that they would all be in the free weights room, which I typically have all to myself. But no- it is the Master's Swimming Program! Not sure who to contact if you want to be a part of it, but it's definitely up and running.

It was 25° outside this morning when I went to the gym and did my normal strength routine. I'll swim a mile at lunch. I might run a little bit, just not sure.

Tomorrow morning is my first long run of 2008 and the longest for me in a dozen years. I've run a lot of 20-24 mile runs but not 26.2, so tomorrow will be a first for me. I'm treating it as a training run since I still want to do 20 next Saturday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What time are you going to start? What course are you going to do?

mike said...

5am start for me, so that I can get to Below The Knee by 10.

the course is at the Columbus Roadrunners site, www.columbusroadrunners.com

Unknown said...

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!