Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday

"Listen to your body. Do not be a blind and deaf tenant." -Dr. George Sheehan

Did my strength training this morning at 5am. Will swim a mile at lunch, then run 3-4 miles tonight after work. Still planning on doing the Red Nose Marathon this Saturday.

I'm getting a lot better now at the Crossfit 'knees to elbows' and 'glute-ham situps'. Typically I do 10 knees-to-elbows in between incline press and bench press sets, then do 4 sets of 20 glute-ham-situps as part of the curls-dips-abs rotation.

The 'knees to elbows' is featured in the February 2008 Runner's World magazine. It's called 'body curls' in the article. My suggestion is go to the Crossfit exercise demo area and watch the sample demonstration.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

holy crap!!! I watched that demo video and those people have some impressive strength!!!

DH and I are starting the Elite ABs workout from RW after the Disney Half Marathon!. I am not ready for that move LOL :)

mike said...

:-) The one they call 'body curl' is the best! I've been doing that one for a couple of weeks now at the gym, and I get sore from it if I don't do it every 2-3 days. I wasn't able to go to the gym Saturday through Tuesday, but went yesterday, did that exercise, and I'm sore today!

I've been doing the glute-ham situps for a few months. It seems like that one gets the lower part of my abs, while the 'body curl' gets the top part.

Thanks for the comment Stephanie!

Mike