Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Monday - Tuesday

Well, the Sorbothane Rigid Arch insoles seem to be working. I ran about 4 miles over the weekend, then 3 yesterday and 6 tonight, and felt fine. I didn't really notice the insole while I was running, either. I've got my fingers crossed. I'll try to get 3 more runs in this week before Saturday's 16-mile run.

I've been able to get to the pool and knock out a mile swim at lunch... basically speed to the pool, change, swim a mile, change, speed back to work in almost exactly one hour.

Goggles are to swimming laps what shoes are to running... the wrong goggles & the whole experience is messed up. Monday I forgot my good goggles and had to use some old ones that leak. After about 15 laps, the eyepiece over my right eye was 3/4 filled with water and both goggles were totally fogged up. Wow. Felt like I was swimming in the washing machine... very disorienting.

So Wednesday should be swim, lift, and 6 mile run or something like that.

No comments: