Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Run

8 Miles

It was a little humid this morning. Plus, I ate bread and soup for dinner last night... I know, excuses, excuses. Anyway, here's my run for this morning:

Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:26:28 10:22 pace
Distance (mi ) 8.34
Temperature (°F) 77
Relative Humidity (%) 87.6

I felt fine afterwards, due to slowing down and then drinking literally 70 ounces worth of Gatorade & water mix during the run. Really makes a difference to drink a sports drink instead of water, espescially for larger, slower runners like myself. I still ended up losing 2 pounds at the end of the run. I went from using a water bottle in a waist pack to using my Camelbak (70 ounces)about a week ago, when I ran 8 miles and suffered all day long afterwards. It's just so freakin' hot! The bottom line is that it's sort of a pain to get it ready, but I feel a lot better afterwards.

No comments: