Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday

Missed my Thursday & Friday runs because of a server problem at work.

So today, I needed to go long and did a 16-mile run, starting at the Riverwalk a little earlier, around 5:30. Nice and easy, just a long enjoyable cruise. Well maybe not quite so enjoyable at the end ;-) It was 73°F with 87% humidity... I drank 70 ounces during the run (camelbak) and still lost a pound. Using the camelbak really helps. I'm using CeraSport mix now in the camelbak on long runs. One of the Below The Knee customers swears by it and gave me some to try out.

I'll be helping out at Below The Knee today, so no gym this afternoon. Need to swim tonight.

My shoes are just soaked... it's so humid here that regardless of what you wear, it's all soaking wet after just a few miles. Shoes included. Luckily I have a lot of shoes to run in, so I rotate them and won't have to wear wet shoes tomorrow morning. I'll just wear another pair.

No comments: