Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tuesday

Got out a little earlier this morning so I could spend a little more time cooling off in the pool afterwards. Ran 7.7 miles. 75°, 95% humidity at 5am........it was a bit humid...

I've read about and talked to a lot of people who say that you don't need to carry liquid when you run, but I'm always glad I have something with me. I try to stay within a pound or so of my starting weight at the end of a run, even if that means bringing 70 ounces of liquid along. I feel better for my next workout which is normally 6 hrs later. And I'm hydrated so that if something unexpected pulls me out of my normal routine, I won't be stressing about getting something to drink.

On the run this morning, I drank roughly 40 ounces of liquid during the run. I drank the other 8 ounces from the camelbak once I stopped running and was walking to the pool.

No comments: