Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Red Nose Marathon details

Heidi, from the Columbus Roadrunners, emailed us the route for the Columbus Red Nose Marathon and Half Marathon... so here are the routes:

Red Nose Marathon

Red Nose Half Marathon

Both runs start and finish at Fountain City Coffee.

Since I have to work that day (at Below The Knee), I'm planning to start at around 5am so that I'll be finished and at the store by 10am. My only goal is to finish the run and then be able to work all day, so I'm just treating it as a longer training run. I've been doing 20 & 21 mile runs for a while now, so I don't anticipate any problems other than getting lost when I get to Fort Benning.

On my long runs I normally turn around at the 10 mile point, which for me is where the Riverwalk trail crosses 10th Division Road. I've crossed the road before, but I always seem to lose my way once I get up the hill. If you look at the course map, we go across the street and then follow the path all the way to the intersection of Baltzell & Bergen St, right by the Follow Me Golf Course. So that part will be new to me. I might go to Oxbow Meadows this Saturday and incorporate that part of the course into my run.

So my plan is to start at 5am, run the thing by myself, finish it in around 4:20, then shower and get to work by 10.

No comments: