Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesday

Grrrrr

Work in the AM, swam a mile at lunch... and then ran 6 miles when I got home from work. 46° out this evening, blustery for Bozeman MT but a bit nippy for Columbus, espescially when you add the 10mph wind in my face.

My daughter bought me a Road ID bracelet. I've been hinting around and did everything short of setting the Road ID homepage as her computer's homepage. She had the opportunity to add the last, bottom-most line on the ID, so she added "Isaiah 40:31" which is,

"But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as EAGLES
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint"

I'm very happy with the bracelet and very proud of her. She knows that now that it's on my wrist, it's like my watch, or my ring... it will probably never come off.

Having the Road ID or similar bracelet is a good thing. I've passed out a few times and have been very lucky that I've been near people who knew me; it could just as easily happen when I'm running by myself early in the morning, or swimming... it's important to keep some ID on you. This bracelet is just a very handy way to make sure the information is always there.

No comments: