Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday - Long Run day

This morning I ran from the Chattahoochee River Club to Fort Benning & back, so a total of 20.6 miles or thereabouts. Followed that with a shower at the Y, then a trip to Starbucks, home to grab my bag... than off to work.

Last Saturday I was running on the Riverwalk and was running in the soft ground off to the right of the actual paved trail, since my knees were hurting a little. It was still pretty dark. All of a sudden, I was poked in the eye by something, either a stick, a branch, an owl, some hidden guy's finger, who knows, but it literally dropped me to the ground. It hurt like hell. I got to my feet and staggered around and finally finished the run, but ended up going to the opthalmologist to have it looked at the following Monday.

The opthalmologist's office was a trip. I got there at 2:15, like I was asked, and left just before 5pm. I'm guessing that elderly people are an opthalmologist's bread and butter. I think I was the only one in there under 65 years old. Glad I went though, my cornea was scratched and infected.

I'll be at Below The Knee from 10-6 Saturday and 1-5 on Sunday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL your trip to the doctor sounds like my trip to the Podistrist. I swear I was the only person under 70 in there.

I felt like walking around saying "running injury, I'm kinda an athlete" so they all didnt feel sorry for me and think I was just way ahead of my years.

mike said...

i know. I didn't go back to the follow-up appointment.

Although I do have sort of a rant about having to spend 3 hours at the doctor's office.