Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday

Nice 7.25 mile run at 4:30 am. When I do my early runs, I wear a reflective vest or belt, but lately I've started wearing my headlamp. It really makes a difference in visibility. There aren't many cars on the road at that time of morning and they don't expect to see me, so the more visibility I have, the better off I am. The headlamp has been easy to get used to and I can basically aim it at cars as they come toward me. I've used it on the Riverwalk a few times early, just to get past the covered bridge- you haven't lived till you've run through that by yourself in the dark - I may figure out a way to attach it to my belt.

I'll try to get a swim workout in later today or tonight.

And by the way, this Nathan Sports hydration belt thing kicks ass: no slipping, refillable, truly awesome. I've used a camelbak for years, and this beats my camelbak hands down. It's $34 at Below The Knee. It has a small pocket in the front and a larger pocket in the rear. My Hammer Gel container fits in the back pocket perfectly; so does my Treo. I think my iPod Nano would be a perfect fit in the front pocket. I filled all the 10 oz. bottles, put the Treo in the back pocket, put my housekey in the front pocket, and took off this morning. I didn't even notice it after a few minutes.

No comments: