Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tuesday

Ran at lunch. I got to the north marina and it was taped off for some reason, so I drove to the Riverwalk entry point near the Bibb City Mill and ran south to the Phenix City Amphitheatre, then back. About 5 miles? maybe a little further. Next time, I'll take my Garmin so I can figure out the distance. A very enjoyable run and it may be my default lunch route from now on. Flat, and interesting, since this route passes the projects, the TSYS campus, and then crosses over into Phenix City. And workers were putting Christmas decorations up on the Phenix City side of the Riverwalk.


This was in my Daily Runner's Quote:

"The greatest treadmill running song, of course, is 'Black Dog' from Led Zeppelin IV." -Pete Pfitzinger

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Mike, give me some feedback on the Garmin Forerunner. Which model is the best to get and is it really beneficial to have one or are they just neat toys.

mike said...

Today is a good reason why I normally run with the Garmin: it tells me how far I've run, so I don't need to guess or use an online tool like gmaps pedometer. I change routes enough where that's important.

I have mine set to alert me each mile and automatically record my splits, so I can check them later. I really enjoy my 201 and will definitely purchase the 205 once my current one breaks. I also use it occasionally for interval training, since it can alert me after set distances (200 meters) and then again after another set distance (100 meters) and keep on repeating that sequence.

Get the Garmin, you'll enjoy it.