Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday

Lifted at 5am. I was thinking this morning how much I like the current place, and that's saying a lot- I first starting lifting in 1972 and have worked out in a lot of weight rooms. The current place is good because

a. It's usually only me or 1-2 others there at 5am, and we are used to each other's routines and never get in the way.
b. The staff is cool and just what I need at 5am
c. Even though the place is a dungeon, that's sort of what keeps others away...and it has exactly the equipment I need.
d. I never have to meet this guy.
e. I never have anything to contribute to this thread.

So I weighed myself on Saturday morning, and I weigh 181. I was hoping that I'd be around 175 and hadn't weighed myself in a month or so, half hoping that I would weigh less. It's not a big deal.. I just bought size 33" pants the other day... and I'm thinking that the lifting is adding some weight. Will I stop lifting? No. Will I run more? Yes, espescially since the weather is getting nicer and I'll be more likely to run more often and longer when I do run. I'll swim more, too. So I'll weigh again in another month or so and see what happens. It's all about filling the blanks in on the training log.

Ran 4 miles after work around Lake Heath. Feel OK, just keeping loose before the marathon on Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

ahhhhhhh You just reminded me why I like my gym too. I dont have to deal with that guy either.


Good Luck at Snickers this weekend