Friday, February 01, 2008

Thursday

Didn't get to do anything at lunch, so I ended up running once I got home, around 6:45 pm. It was 43° (felt like 35°, according to weather.com), and a little breezy, but I dressed appropriately. A few raindrops, but a nice run nevertheless. Went a different route so I could get hills, so it was probably 5.9 miles instead of 6.05 or whatever (I wasn't wearing the Garmin, lesson learned).

My foot is feeling much better. I've been using my old, tried-and-true Sorbothane rigid arch insoles religiously, moving them from one shoe to another starting when I get out of bed in the morning, and it's making a difference. At first I could literally feel a tendon or something snapping every time I took a step with my right foot, right in the arch area.

I'll run probably 3 or 4 miles on Friday, then go for a 20 mile run on Saturday morning. Saturday will be the test, for sure. I'm just gonna take it slow and easy and see how my foot feels. It's supposed to be clear and cold (31°) on Saturday morning.

No comments: