Friday, February 15, 2008

Thursday

"I like running because it's a challenge. If you run hard, there's the pain - and you've got to work your way through the pain. You know, lately it seems all you hear is 'Don't overdo it' and 'Don't push yourself.' Well, I think that's a lot of bull. If you push the human body, it will respond. " - Bob Clarke, Philadelphia Flyers general manager, NHL Hall of Famer

I'm probably a slacker when it comes to pushing myself, but I like that quote. I really enjoy long runs but not to the point where I'm suffering... As I evolve as a runner, I think my long runs will just get longer.

So today was busy and I did not get to the pool. Still managed to get in a 6.4 mile run after work.

16 days until the Albany Marathon. This Saturday I'll run 20.5 or so, again. Next week I'll run 12 or 14, I think.

I haven't weighed myself in the past month or so, I don't really care about that. I think I'm somewhere around 180. I haven't changed my diet or anything, it's still as the same as ever.

No comments: