Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wow, it's Wednesday already

Man, what a week so far! busy at work, plus I've done my lifting and running. Not a bad start, even though it's already Wednesday.

Monday: lifted, couldn't leave work at lunch, so no swimming, and then one of my 2 dogs had a health issue when I got home.

Tuesday: Worked, didn't do anything at lunch other than practice my Kung Fu grip, then ran 6.1 miles when I got home. 8:55 pace around Lake Heath.

Wednesday: Lifted again at 5am, then worked through lunch in a catered meeting, then ran when I got home. Great weather, like 62 degrees. This time it was 5.7 miles at a 9:13 pace. I'm trying to get my pace down to exactly 9:09 a mile or something like that, since that's a 4 hour marathon pace and my one stated goal is to break 4 hours. I've noticed on my long runs that I start to fade at around mile 18... so instead of going all over the map with my pace, I'm going to try to keep it as close to 9:10 as possible for the first 20 miles. I guess after that, I'll either speed up, slow down, or keep going ;-)

But the plan is to speed up at that point, for the last 6.22 miles.

No comments: